Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Random

Often when I think to myself "I should probably update my blog, because the 2 people who read it may enjoy it" and then I find myself thinking "What is exciting enough in my life to write about?" and then I get depressed, and don't write on the blog nearly enough. Well, folks, hold on to your seats because I have something to write about! And it's not just how amazing my son and husband are, which I feel like is what all of my posts degenerate into.... Anyhow.
James and I had a county fair themed date this week (I came up with it, I was proud)  So I made him an invite, and got him a coupon to buy us burgers at Sammy's (YUM!) and then I was going to have it all set up for when he got home, well, I got sick. So he was home all day (YAY!)  So instead of it all being a surprise, he helped.  But he was very good at going on all my errands and not asking what things were for (mostly, okay not at all, but he is awesome!)  So we got some games, and awesome food together and had a ton of fun.  Here are the games:
Target shooting, with an air soft gun, a cardboard box and little balloon cut outs from the dollar store
Ring toss, with water bottles and headbands, because I couldn't find anything circular to throw
Throwing ping pong balls at stacked cups
Throwing ping pong balls into differing size containters with water in them for point, awesome!
Here is the food: (all made by yours truly)
Motzarella sticks
Carmel apples
Carmel and Chocolate popcorn
Funnel cakes
Regular cake

All in all, it was a great date, except the fact that it took us a few hours to do it all, cause I kept getting tired and taking breaks... sad, I know.
In other news, school is starting this week... I have very mixed emotions.  I am so excited it's almost done, and then I am so annoyed that it's ALMOST done.  So, you can see how that goes. 
Also, I LOVE our new apartment, it's so great (a little hot) and I love my kitchen, this apartment already feels like home, where as the last one took several months before I even felt comfortable in it...
Birthday party coming up!  September 10, noon, rock canyon park, let me know if you're coming (Brittany and Cassandra, cause I'm pretty sure you are the only two who read this...)

No comments:

Post a Comment