Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I think it's safe to say...

I am a horrible blogger.  I am, it's true. They always say the first step is admitting it right?  Well, I stink at it :)

So much has happened!  Lorelai, poor Lorelai. She had tubes in her ears, which is apparently a real surgery.  They completely put her under and everything. It wasn't too bad.  The worst part was the "emergent delirium" That is the actual term the doctor used. When children wake up from being under anesthetic they freak out. Full on strong than that child should be, break your ear drums screams and complete panic.  I heard her wake up, and I was back in post op.  I thought to myself "bring her to me, I can nurse her and she'll be fine"  it took them 10 minutes to figure that out, and finally they did. And I nursed her and she snuggled up to me, and fell asleep.  I am not going to lie, giving my baby to the nurses and watching her leave, super sucky. 

Thomas is amazing. He is so freakin smart it blows my mind.  He speaks so well, and he reasons things out.  He'll ask me a question, and then come up with a conclusion based on my answer.  Or he'll tell me something, and then tell me the reasoning behind his thoughts and actions,.  He's still two, so sometimes the reason is "Because I saw and elephant"  but still, I am impressed!  He knows his entire alphabet, and can count to 20, and we are now working on phonics of letter sounds.  My new favorite thing he does is "But please!"  When I say no, he comes back with "But please!!" and it's hilarious.  Today I had to explain to him that it doesn't change the fact that I said no.  We are working on it.

School is in full swing, and there are only 2 more months!  I'm so stoked, it's almost done! We have 4 job applications out and in the next 2 weeks he will test 3 times. We are extremely hopeful that we will be able to get hired somewhere very soon, so we can start planning.  I mean our future is completely up in the air right now.  Where, when, whatever. It's freaky!  We want another child next year, and so I want to have a bigger place, we need to know what city to look in, and we have no time frame, or anyting.  It's really hard.  But we are doing all we can, so it'll be okay! Plus I am having fun looking at apartments everywhere from Spanish Fork to Lehi, and have found quite a few, and it's a little exciting!  And James got to beat people up with a baton at school yesterday.  (they were padded)  So that's awesome! And so is he, so that works out well.  And he had a birthday, which was also awesome. So in summation: James=Awesome. 

1 comment:

  1. Yay, a blog post! I think you're all awesome! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete