Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 6, 2012

He did it!

James is officially in the police academy!  I may have said this before, but now everything is done.  We got the email about financial aid just yesterday and bought his uniform last week.  It's all done and he starts on September 11 (which I find oddly fitting that he will begin his training in law enforcement on a day with such an intense history)  I must admit I have very mixed feelings about this. I am so excited for him to get to learn and train, he's really interested in criminal justice, and this is important for that.  Basically any job in law enforcement wants you to have gone through POST (peace officer standards training) and he'll get to learn cool stuff like how to breach a house, and take down a suspect ect.  It will be great, because once it's over he'll finally be able to get a job in his chosen field which we have tried for but failed because he hadn't gone through POST.  But, (big but) on the other hand I am really sad and nervous. He will work from 8-5 and then go to school from 5:30-9:30 M-F and then Sat will be POST from 8-4.  I won't see him at all during the day, and neither will Thomas and Lorelai (mostly Thomas) from September to November and then March to July (it's a very odd time block of classes)  I have no idea how I'm going to deal with this.... James and I do everything possible together. He goes grocery shopping with me, anytime I have an errand I wait for him to be home so we can all go together.  He watches the kids so I can shower, and occasionally nap, or do my hair (which is even more rare). Basically the only way I stay sane with 2 small children is having James around and looking forward to that time in the day that he'll be here and I can have 5 minutes of quiet time, or ask someone else to change yet another dirty diaper (2 kids produce an insane amount of diapers. If we want to help the environment, figure out a way to turn baby poop into a resource, trust me, you'll make millions)  And honestly, I just don't know how my sanity will hold up... So if by Christmas you see me muttering to myself and looking generally insane, you'll know why :)

No comments:

Post a Comment