Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Texas

You know, I've never been to Texas.  I've been to many other states, and even other countries. But, Texas has eluded me.
Well, it appears I soon will have the ultimate opportunity to see Texas.  We are moving to Houston in June.  And I'm completely ecstatic and terrified at the same time.

Who knew cross country moves were so involved? Obviously I didn't.  Our van is certainly not able to make the trip, not to mention I have 3 small children (one that is just a month old). So driving is out of the question.  Thankfully everything is coming together, and we will ship our van and all of our belongings so the kids and I and my parents can fly out. James flies out 3 weeks before we do. (Don't even get me started on how I feel about taking care of all three kids alone for 3 weeks while packing and moving...it's not good). But getting prepared for moving so far away is hard. I have gotten rid of so much stuff that I had previously deemed important. Funny how that works.

James got a job working for a computer forensics company. He will be a consultant at BP for his company. It's basically the perfect job for James. He is great with people, and will do wonderfully. He is really excited for a new opportunity. Not that NuSkin hasn't been great to us, it's just time to move on.

I really am excited. We;ll be less than an hour from the Gulf of Mexico, we will be very close to my brother and James' brother. Houston has many great things for us, and we have found a beautiful suburb to live in. Basically it's all we have been working towards for years, and that's beyond exciting. I have even found a house I love, but they aren't willing to wait until July, so I am hoping that they can't rent it until we get there... Is that horrible?

Maybe now that I am far away from more people I care about the blog will get updated more? Possibly, but I certainly don't have a great track record for it...

Wish us luck! We can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment