Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

5 Months

Okay, here is the info on Thomas as of late:

Height: 26 inches (he's really long)

Weight: 13 lbs 5 oz

As you may (or may not!) have noticed, Thomas hasn't gained any weight, at all.   Not a single ounce.  So we took him into the doctor last week, and to see what was going on.  Well he is alright, but he is now eating rice cereal twice a day and still nursing the same amount. He LOVES it.  I can't believe how much that little stomach can hold!  He is so adorable when he eats the cereal.  It's actually oatmeal because the rice didnt' seem to agree with him... but who cares!  So for the first week I fed him in his bumbo on the coffee table, well that quickly started to hurt my back (I'm getting old). So yesterday we bought a high chair.  I was pretty excited, since we haven't had a need to buy anything for him (beyond diapers) for a while, and I love nothing more than buying stuff for Thomas :)  We went to South Jordan for president's day and it was fun, we hung out, ate tons of food and went shopping. All of the essential holiday plans!
James is doing a triathalon this summer up in Idaho.  I will be standing at the finish line with Thomas cheering him on (there is no way I am going to do it!).  It's actually quite exciting, I am stoked for him, in a "I am so glad I am not doing this, but it will be fun for you to do it!" sort of way.  My brother in law recently became a personal trainer and yesterday afternoon he showed us some stretches and core strengthening workouts, and man am I sore.  While we were doing it I was thinking, "Ah, this isn't so bad, I must be stronger than I thought!"  Well today proves otherwise.  I actually kind of love it, the feeling that I did something good for me, and I may be sore, but it's a good sore.  I got him to write down all of the exercises so I can do them again.
When we went to the dr I also asked him about my weight loss (again) and he basically said it has to take a back burner.  I tried consuming only 1600 calories a day, and I didnt' lose any weight, so now I just kind of have to wait until Thomas is gaining weight, and probably until he is weined.  So I am working on toning everything under my extra layer of fat so that when I can start to loose the baby weight I will (might) have a good looking body again.

No comments:

Post a Comment