Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Food

For some time now I have wanted to post the things I have been cooking. I find that I get a great deal of joy from making yummy food and then sharing those success stories with my friends. So just in case anyone out there actually reads this blog (pretty sure there are only 2 of you:) )  I am going to share my recent recipie endevors :)
Yesteday for lunch I made Rotel Meatloaf. Now traditionally I don't like meatloaf.  Who would like a hunk of ground beef covered in ketchup? Not me.  But my mom made this when I was younger and I love it, think of it as a Tex-Mex meatloaf, that has a bit of spice to it, and absolutely no ketchup.  Usually I make it with potatoes but I was lazy and used my super awesome rice cooker instead. It was really good!
On Friday we had people over so I made sourdough baugette cheese garlic toasts, a pork loin roast, mashed potatoes and fresh green beans.  And I have to say, those were some of the BEST green beans I have ever eaten, I am not sure why/.  But even after everyone quite eating I was still picking at the green beans, I ate all of them!
On Sunday I made a chocolate cake, nothing better! But I had the misfortune of putting cherry frosting on it.  I had it, and I thought, "Oh, Valentines, it will be festive!" Yeah, festive or gross!  Thankfully I only put it in the center of the two layers, cause it was bad.  Ever since James got me a cake stand for Christmas the only desserts I make are ones I can display in that :)
Speaking of which, I made homemade cinnamon rolls the other day.  Anyone need an arm workout? Just make any sort of bread dough from scratch without a mixer, it's actually really good on your abs too.  You can preemptively burn calories so you can enjoy the fruits of your labors later!
Who doesn't love french fries? I mean really, they are potatoey and crunchy and yummy!  So I decided to try and make them at home. Total success!  They had a bit of garlic on them, which is by far the number one used spice in my house, and they were great!
I haven't really decided if I want to put the actual recipies up, that's a lot of work, but if anyone is interested in them, respond to this post and I will put them up!

1 comment: