Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Firsts

Thomas had his first cookie/cracker thing today.  It's one of those easily dissolvible (I can't figure out how to spell that, and I am tired, so pretend like I don't sound like a complete idiot for not knowing how to spell) ones that he can suck on and they get really soft so he won't choke.  He LOVED it.  He made a really big mess, all over him, me and my couch (hooray for fake leather), but he really liked it.  He is now taking regular naps throughout the day, and he is on a really good eat/sleep/play schedule.  Which makes my life so much better.  Although he still really likes it when I nap with him in the afternoon, he'll sleep much longer if I am with him, so somedays I just cave and nap :) But I love that i can now get some housework done while he naps, my house looks much better!  He is trying to crawl now, he lifted up his whole body for a few seconds the other day, and lunged forward a little, I was so excited!  He says ma-ma all the time, and ba-ba and da-da.  It brings me such joy :)He can sit up by himself, but once he realizes he is doing it on his own, he looks at me, and falls over, I am convinced it's on purpose.
I made a 14 layer cake the other day.  It was really exciting!  It actually ended up being an 11 layer cake, I didn't have enough frosting for all 14 layers.  It was delicious.  I am realizing how much I love making food for other people to enjoy, it brightens my life.  So I try new recipes all the time, James is great about it, trying Southwestern tilaipa, super stoked!  Well, it's lunch time!

No comments:

Post a Comment