Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Very, very sick baby

Thomas is so sick, it's horrible!  He has had a fever of 102-103 for the past 4 days.  I took him into the Dr. on Monday, and he did a full exam, and Thomas has a viral infection, so he has no meds for him, he just has to wait it out.  Well, he's getting really dehydrated, so I think we may have to take him into the ER to get him some more liquids.  He won't eat or drink anything, I have offered everything I can think of, he did eat a few bites of James's cheesecake last night.  But he throws up everything he eats.  Poor baby. 
I did find a new pediatrician though.  Our old one was just getting on my nerves.  I called his office to set up Thomas's 15 month shots, they told me they dont do shots anymore, it costs them too much.  So I said "well, where can I go then?" (I mean really, isn't that what the dr does, where else can I go?)  The county health office.  Yeah, right, like I'm going to go there where there is some nurse who sees 500 people a day and couldn't care less if my baby cries when he gets poked with a needle.  Then, I tell them he's really sick, and I wanted him checked out, they said "We don't have any openings today or tomorrow, take him to the instacare"  What's the freaking point of a pediatrician if I don't ever go there for Thomas's medical needs.  So I found a new one through my insurance.  I really like him.  In the one appt we had he gave me 5 different ideas of how to help Thomas with his weight gain (other dr just said, give him more food, and he'll grow out of it)  he gave me stuff to help his dry skin and told me Johnson's can sometimes have bad effects on some really sensitive kids (other dr just said to put more lotion on it when he came out of the bath and to bathe him in lukewarm water.  Really? What toddler wants to bathe in almost cold water?)  And he told me exactly how to give Thomas ibuprofen, and what other stuff to give him to help combat his cold (other dr just said give him some tylenol)  So, I am much happier.  Depsite the fact that I am getting ready to take Thomas to the ER once he gets up from his nap.  I am only blogging because I already cleaned my living room, kitchen and bedroom and finished my hw, and I am going insane just sitting here.  I need to help Thomas somehow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment