Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Day 1

Today is my first day all alone as a stay at home mom of two... And it's going quite well so far! Thomas and I have had story time, and run around the house a little already, Lorelai has been perfect, she's eaten once, and just sat and chilled either in her swing or in my arms.  I'd say so far today has been a success!  Of course it's only 9:15am... I have high hopes!
James job is giving us issues... we decided a while ago that we would wait until Lorelai came and then start looking for another job for him. Well it's a good thing too, they are seriously cutting back on hours, they only give him enough to just barely keep him full time. Which I love in some ways, he get off most days around 3 or 4, which gives us much more family time.  But at the same time we aren't getting paid as much, which is hard.  We are trying really hard to spend less eating out and other misc things that come up. It's not that easy... The eating out will be much easier now that I can walk and cook food again.
 Oh, did I mention that? Now that Lorelai is here all my pregnancy complaints have vanished! I'm still not in great shape (being on bedrest for 2 months, and partial bedrest for 4 months really makes you out of shape) but I feel so much better! I am cleaning my house and making meals and feeling great!  Here are some updates on my two beautiful chillens (that's what my mom's southern relatives call children...)
Thomas: He is the perfect big brother.  For the most part he ignores her. Which is great! when he does pay attention it's because he wants to hold her, or kiss her, or hug her.  I feel like it's perfect!  He wants to give her his toys, and he is always so excited when she squeaks or wakes up. He also gets really concerned if she cries (which she doesn't) It's adorable
Lorelai: The perfect baby. She only cries when she's cold or hungry, and it's usually just one yell. Then she'll stop, and see what you are going to do about it.  She sleeps pretty well, not as great as Thomas yet, but we're working on it :)  She is so chill, we did some newborn pictures yesterday, and she was great!  She is getting bigger, and it makes me a little sad, but she's still quite tiny :)  We went in for a one week check up, since she had a bad rash, and she had gained some weight, which is amazing. Most newborns loose in their first week, and slowly get it back, she's sustaining her weight :)
James: not my child, but still my family :) The perfect husband.  Looking for another job, and looking forward to the police academy in a few months, it should be really good training for him.  He was so great, having him home was like heaven. I realized that for the rest of our lives I am going to be sad that he has to go to work... I'll have to work on it, since he has to go to work. I totally cried this morning after he left, I'm worse than my toddler...
Me: Down to pre-pregnancy weight, and then some. In my entire pregnancy I gained a total of 5lbs (I was weighed the day I was induced) and now from that weight I am down 15lbs, or 10lbs from my prebaby weight.  I am starting my diet either this week or next (waiting on a few food items I need) and I can't really start exercising for another month, but I have started doing some core strengthening exercises, just a few a day, but I'm dying to get back to regular exercise, so I'm pushing the limits of post pardum exercise allowments...

No comments:

Post a Comment