Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 7, 2012

Lacking

Sorry my blog posts haven't been coming as regular as I would like, but I feel like I complain so much in my posts that I almost feel bad writing them...  So here are some fun bullet points, so that I can complain a little, but still have moments of happiness :)

-Thomas says so much!  He repeats almost every new word he hears, including the other day when I said "Shoot!" it was really cute, but now I'm realizing how many words I say that I'm not sure I want him to say.  I call him freakin' adorable all the time... I'm not sure I want him to say that to someone.  James however is trying to teach him words and he refuses.  He really wants him to say "homie-g" Thomas just laughs at him, which makes me laugh, and thus reinforces Thomas's giggles, it's a vicious cycle, but a really cute one!
-James and I graduated! It was great!  Because I was so hugely pregnant my mom kept telling everyone that I needed this and that, so we walked in first, our names were read about 6th or 7th, and then we got to just go.  We didn't sit through the rest of the 1300 names or anything. Also there was a freakin' (see I used it again!) hilarious poem, I'll see if I can find it on YouTube to share, because words cannot describe...
-Thomas kind of gave up putting himself to bed about 2 weeks ago, he just decided he wouldn't do it. So of course once he started to get out of bed we would go get him, not realizing we were teaching him that meant he didn't have to go to bed. So after a few nights on 10pm bedtimes and a few mornings of really early rising, we decided to stick to our guns and let him cry a little.  He figured it out quickly.  He would come  to the door, and cry, and then after we didn't grab him he would crawl back in  bed, whimper a little and then go to sleep.  Sweet success!
-James' job is just so so.  It's a bill payer, however he doesn't enjoy it, at all.  And it's hard because he kind of feels slapped in the face because of how they restructured everything. They changed how it all went and he got moved, it was a totally lateral move, but he doesn't like what he does now.  He is still full time, so we have benefits and he still gets paid (read "HUGE BLESSING!") but I just wish he enjoyed work more.  Now it's more of a chore than ever, and I kind of hate it.
-This pregnancy is pretty much killing me.  My body is not reacting to it well, and it just keeps getting worse.  It started with a few issues here and there, and has grown into serious pain all the time, the inability to walk, inability to sleep, and relying on everyone around me to ensure my son is taken care of, my house is clean, and I'm existing safely.  It's been really really hard on me.  Every movement hurts, especially if I lift my legs. I know that sounds like something you could avoid, it's not. Think about it, walking, sitting, putting on  your clothes, rolling over in bed, going to the bathroom, all of these common activities require your legs being lifted, well I can't do that. So I hobble around, James helps dress me, and I sleep horribly.  But all things will end.  I am having an amniocentesis tomorrow (a needle in my belly to take out some amniotic fluid to ensure Lorelai is ready to be born) and as long as the test comes back good (since she is so far along the chances are really good that they will, obviously not 100%, which is why we are doing the test, but still good) then she'll be born this week!  If not then I'm going to have a complete mental breakdown and this will be my last blog post.  We'll see!
-I'm actually terrified on the Amnio... just the thought freaks me out.  Needles are a big issue for me, every blood draw, and shot, I just psych myself out.  So knowing what's happening tomorrow, freaks me out.  James is really good at distracting me, and I have figured out how to do a little mind over matter calm down, mostly it involves James talking to me, me texting, and trying to talk to him, and singing a song in my head. This way I can try to avert all my attention elsewhere.  I figure if my brain is too distracted thinking of other things, I won't think about the giant needle piercing my skin... I'll let you know how it goes :)

And for today, that is all.  I'm watching TV and enjoying what I hope is one of my last nights being pregnant, fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment