Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Wonderful People

In my life I am surrounded by many wonderful people.  For example, while on bedrest I have had so much help from loving family members, it's just wonderful.  To start, I have my amazing husband, he has taken up every household chore, completed all of the grocery shopping, and tirelessly takes care of Thomas every second he's home.  He gets up early every morning so that he can take care of Thomas, get him juice, change his diaper, and get him ready for the day so I can sleep a little longer.  He comes home from work and cleans and makes dinner and still manages to deal with an insanely emotional crazy pregnant woman.
Then there is my family.  My mom has been here every other day for the past several months, and in the past week she has been here pretty much every day. Taking care of Thomas, cleaning my kitchen, chatting with me (Thomas isn't much for conversation, he's only good for a quick word here and there) and spending way too much of her free time with me, rather than at home with my dad (where I know she'd love to be)  Then there is my dad, he hasn't been able to come up as much as we would like, but Thomas just adores him. Whenever we see him Thomas yells "PA!" and runs to him, it's adorable.  And my younger sister.  She has her life (I mean she's a 19 year old college student, there's always something fun to be doing) and still she came today and spent the entire day cleaning and taking care of Thomas.  She got him up from his nap so I could sleep longer, and fed him and dealt with his fussiness (I think all of the stress and hoop-la-la going on is hard for him, he's been acting out a bit) and spent her whole day just chilling and changing dirty diapers.
Then today my dear mother in law came over and brought my sister in law and they swept through my whole house, cleaning and organizing and scrubbing for several hours.  Making me sit and watch them do all of the things I should be doing (and feel like a horrible housekeeper for not being able to do) and did it with big smiles on their faces. They also kept me company for a while, it was nice to have a little group of people to chat with, I feel like I don't get a ton of interaction with anyone but my 19 month old, so it's really nice when I have someone I can talk to.
Both my and James's families are wonderful.  They come at a moments notice to watch Thomas, or call to check in and see how we are doing, they never pause when offering assistance and love to us, and I am so truly grateful for them.  In my life I have so many wonderful people surrounding me, I am so truly blessed. And with baby girl coming pretty much any day now, I am so happy to have such a wonderful family for her to be born into!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you have to sit by and watch while people take care of you. I think I needed to read this post though and remember that that's what our families are for. I'm fearful that I won't be able to do much around the house myself soon and I'm sure people will step up and help, it's just hard to put aside your pride I guess. I hope your baby stays put much longer (but not too much longer:)

    ReplyDelete