Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Title

I'm pretty sure my blog is becoming a place for me to vent and rant about my annoyance with people and things.... I promise my next post will be happier.  Mostly because this weekend we are celebrating James' birthday and it should be a ton of fun!!  But in the mean time....
I'm annoyed with NuSkin.  They were good enough not to fire James, but they have been really sucky about it. He was transferred to another department, which is good, we get to keep our insurance and he's still full time. however, he now has a job he dislikes, a lot.  He's a phone agent now, taking all incoming calls fro NuSkin distributors.  He's not excited.  Then they promised him an 8-5 schedule, and they emailed him and said it's 10-6, so we are working on figuring that out.  His boss is just not good at what she does.  I swear everytime she makes a decision I think to myself "What, seriously? Do you have any idea what you're doing?"  And she doesn't.  She and James agreed that he would work 8-5, explicitlly agreed, now she's changing it. Well what she obviously doesn't know (and I learned in my employement and labor law class) is that she created with him an implied contract.  Which is just as good as a written contract, she made certain promises, and she actually has to keep up with them, because she said it would happen that way.  This is not to say that I know everything, or really anything about managing employees, I just know what I have read in books and learned in classes, but I do know that according to every great business mind I have studied, she's not good at what she does.
We are resident managers for a company called REMS. If you work with them, be warned! They never respond, and then when they do they yell at you for not taking care of things sooner. I kid you not, I left 20 messages in 5 days because a tenant had a plumbing problem, finally I was able to find an alternate number to try calling (they told me it was their old number and probably wouldn't work anymore)  Well come to find out they got a new phone system, and even though I called and got their answering machine they didn't get the messages.  And then started talking to me about how I need to get things done quicker and blah blah.  Well I got so annoyed after one person called and left a message saying "Amanda, you're a resident manager, you need to answer your phone. I need this information so I can get this done, we need to get it done quickly. Call me back and answer your phone"  So I called back, and I said "I got your message, it was really rude. Here's the information you need. And just so you know, I have 2 kids (I was watching my niece) and I will answer my phone when I can. If I can't I will call you back as soon as I can. Thank you, bye"  In an earlier call he had been talking about how to get a hold of him, and he said "Just so you know I always answer my phone unless I'm on a ladder or have my hands busy with electrical wires, but I always answer"  In scolding me for not getting a hold of him sooner (Which I had been trying to do, but no one told me that they changed their phone numbers and answering machines)  AH!  So annoying!

Anyways, sorry for the complaining, I am just in a bit of a foul mood.  I swear this baby grows by the hour, and she finds the most uncomfortable positions to lay in.  I get tired so easily, we went grocery shopping and I could barely make it, it was 9am.  I'm pathetic.  And annoyed.... Looking forward to the weekend for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment