Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, April 6, 2012

The first night

Thomas is sleeping in his crib, like normal, however, tonight we took off the side of his crib. It's actually convertible to a toddler bed, but my mom got him the cutest train bed that we couldn't hardly say no, so we are trying to transition him into it.  Well, we have tried a few times to get him to sleep there, and it won't work, he just freaks out when he wakes up or notices something different around him. So in an effort to slowly work his way into his toddler bed (so Lorelai can have the crib a few months after she makes her grand appearance) we took the side off his crib, so he can adjust slowly to not having four walls around him while he sleeps. Naptime today was a huge success.  Which was a huge relief, and then tonight, that is the real test. We put him down for his nap differently then we do at night.  For naptime I always sing him to sleep (which I know it probably a bad habit, because when I have 2 kids it won't be so easy, but I can't resist. He cuddles up next to me and hums to the songs I sing until he slowly falls asleep in my arms. He is so sweet and peaceful, I can't bring myself to stop. It's the only time I get to hold him close anymore, the rest of the time he is all about playing, and daddy, and exploring. I am holding on to his baby time a little bit more)  And then at night we brush his teeth, sing him a song as family (he hums along) have family prayer (which he now wants to participate in, we let him "Say" the prayer) and then I hug and kiss him goodnight, and James cuddles with him for a while humming to him, and then we lay him down.  He always goes down really well, our routine has worked wonders for him, but when we lay him down he's awake still. I was so worried he'd just get up and go play. When he woke up this afternoon he got up, went to the door and yelled for me. It worked out so well!  So now I'm nervous about how tonight will go. He went down great, and so far he's still out, no noise or anything.  We shall see!  I hope it works, I have been worrying about transfering him into a toddler bed, and it would be nice to take a step in the right direction!

No comments:

Post a Comment