Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Dropped

Baby girl has decided it's time to drop down even lower than she already was. She's basically getting locked and loaded and ready for her grand debut. She is a little bit early though, so I'm trying to convince her that while punctuality is good, there is a such thing as too early.  My doctor is rather pessimistic about making it until 37 weeks, which is not a great feeling. At my last appt she said "I don't think you'll make it to 37 weeks, but if you can make it through this weekend then you'll be 34 weeks and 34 weekers tend to do much better than 33 weekers, so hold out"  And my thought was "Well gee, you're really inspiring confidence in me about this situation"  So that's that I guess.  I'm just trying to keep contractions to a minimum, which means doing as little as possible, because doing anything makes them worse, it's a ton of fun.
We graduate next week!! YAY!  I'm pretty excited, hoping I can walk through the ceremony alright, thankfully James will be walking right beside me, so I think we'll make it!
Thomas is still the cutest kid ever.  He is learning so quickly it blows my mind.  If he sees us do something once, he has to do it too.  He now has to wash his hands everytime I go to the bathroom (so we wash our hands like 50 times a day)  he loves to help unload the dishwasher (for some reason he always goes for the knifes in the utensil tray (probably because they have colorful handles)) he loves helping James put the groceries in the fridge, he always wants to help me pick up his toys, and then of course get them back out.  His new favorite thing is to help me push the laundry basket around, half the time he pushes, half the time he wants to ride in it, but it's still really cute.  He is my perfect little helper :)  He also loves the nice weather we've been having. We have the perfect little yard for him to play in, and he loves it.   I am working really hard on getting him to tell me what he wants, he's got the whole point and grunt thing down, but I am trying to get him to say what he wants.  Mostly because it drives me nuts when I can't figure out what he's pointing at and I can tell it frustrates him, so we are working on using words.  He's really good at it, his new favorite word is M&M's :)  They are my go to treat for him if he's being good or if he ate his lunch well, mostly cause I can give him 2-3 and he thinks it's the greatest thing.  That way I control the amount, and he can feed himself with minimal mess, they are my favorite toddler candy.  He's getting really good with multiple syllables, pepperoni and pudding are what he says to his dad all the time (because those are James' favorite snacks, and so Thomas has to have what daddy is eating)  We got him some fish, and he has to show them to everyone who comes over, it's adorable.  He's got so much personality I almost can't handle him!  Today he brought me my hair brush and started to brush my hair, I guess I do that a lot too, cause he's really good at it :)  Apparently I'm more vain then I thought :)

No comments:

Post a Comment