Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 9, 2012

"If you wonder what I'm doing, I'm being awesome"

That is what my niece said to me this last weekend while playing at my in-laws house :) They are such funny girls!  One is 10 and the other 8, and they provide me with so many laughs!  This weekend was pretty epic!  Friday started off great, James let me sleep in till 10! It was a huge party!  Then when we got up (mostly me) we cleaned up a little bit, and played around a lot.  We decided for James' birthday we'd get fish, that was super fun!  So we hung out all day, and it was glorious!  Then Saturday we got up a little early, and went shooting with James's family in Saratoga Springs. Brett and Becky surprised us and were there too! It was a great birthday surprise for James! Thomas and I mostly sat in the car making driving sounds and eating muffins and cinnamon rolls.  It was fun.  After about an hour of that we headed back up to South Jordan for some more fun. The Harris's threw me a baby shower, which was great fun! Lots of fun clothes for sweet Lorelai and some fun games and punch. While we baby shower'd all the boys went outside and had a Nerf war.  We had bought some Nerf guns at Christmas because they were mismarked and super cheap, then the Harris's bought a few more, so they guys when out and shot each other while we giggled about babies.  After that we had a classic Harris family bbq, with tons of yummy chicken, steak, burgers, potato salad, fruit, baked beans, and everything else good!  After that I took a nap (because my stomach is now larger than my 19 month old, and it's tiring carrying it around) And James and Thomas went to play tennis with everyone else.  I woke up and joined them all, and it was so fun watching James play! It's been a long winter it feels like (even though winter never actually happened) and I haven't watched him play tennis in a while, I love it!  Then we had an easter egg hunt!  It was great! Thomas loved walking around picking up the eggs, thankfully he didn't think to open then, and he had no idea they were full of candy.  I managed to empty them all before he connected it, phew!  Then we played a game of Bocce ball, James loves that!  After that we went and shot off model rockets.  Thomas was exhausted at this point, so he just sat on James lap (and refused to even talk to anyone else),  but it was fun for me to watch them cuddle, Thomas just adores James, and I love it so much. After that we went home, ate left overs, chatted, and put Thomas down. Boy was he mad at us, he wanted to keep playing! But he was so tired he couldn't walk straight, so I put my foot down.  And I thought, oh, maybe I can get to bed soonish too. Little did I know the Harris's weren't done partying yet (I'm not quite up to partying par when it comes to the Harris's and I'm 8 months pregnant, I just can't keep up!) We went to see Mirror Mirror. It was quite enjoyable!  A silly family movie, but they are my favorite kind.  It was a good movie. Quite the contrast to Hunger Games which we saw last week, both good though.  So then we finally went to bed, well everyone else did. I spent the whole night tossing and turnning, I ended up on the couch because we were in the same room as Thomas, and I keep waking him up... So I tried the couch, not much success. We went to bed at midnight and of course Thomas got up at 6, so neither James nor I got much sleep.  But we went to church still, it was fun. I had packed us all nice easter outfits (of course I forgot to take pictures, curses!) and Thomas slept through sacrament, I was a little envious. So when we got home, James and I napped, for 2 hours. Glorious! Then Brett and Becky headed back to Colorado and we had a delicious easter dinner of ham and potatoes, then we played games!  Charades first, which was great! Mary and I were on the same wave length, it was awesome!  After that we watched Emperor's New Groove, a gift I got James. I forgot to mention that he got a gift an hour all day Sunday (it was supposed to be Monday, but we had too much happening, so I did it Sunday when we'd be home most of the day!)  He got some fun stuff! I'll let him tell you about it :)  Then we actually went to be early, it was nice!  We got up Monday way too early (Thomas) and headed to Cabella's and the Dinosaur Museum. Thomas loved them!  I would have loved them more if I could have floated rather than walked.... Then we came home, and Thomas napped for almost 4 hours! I slept for 2!  And now we are playing at home while James takes a stupid test. Well that was our weekend in a quick nutshell, hope it wasn't too boring!!

No comments:

Post a Comment