Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Thomas

In the following blog post I am going to talk mostly about my children.  What else is new? you might ask, well, this is my blog, and so therefore I get to talk about/brag about my adorable children.  I love being a mom, they are my joy, so I like to talk about them :)
Yesterday we took a CFP (concealed firearm permit) class, it was all day long.  But we did learn a lot of good stuff, and while I am still not sure about carrying around a loaded weapon everyday, I always like learning more.  And it was really important to James that I took it with him, so I did.  Thomas got to spend the day at my parents house, which is so cute, because they get just as excited as he does for him to come over.  He now recognizes my parents house, and as soon as we get out of the car he starts to yell "PA!" which is what he calls both grandma and grandpa, not sure why...  And then of course the dog hears him, and starts to bark, and my parents meet us at the door, and he can't wait to say hi and play.  James and I are basically just Thomas's chauffer's, and we get a hey, how's it going? and then they pull out the toys, or go to the backyard, and we are superfulous :) It's fun for me actually, I never had grandparents around growing up, and when we did see my grandma she was never really into doing anything but watching movies and sitting down... So Thomas having 4 grandparents that love to play and dance and laugh with him is one of my great joys.  They spent all day yesterday together, and by the time we got back, they were all exhausted :)  Thomas slept in the car on the way home (he never does that) and my parents were both totally pooped.  I just love it.  They were so excited to show us what he had learned, first off they have a bell on their front door (partially cause it's leftover from Christmas, and partially because my dad likes to know when someone is coming into the house) and Thomas asked them to see it and they told him it was a bell, so for the next hour he just ran around saying bell and asking them to ring it. Then it was story time, it was a peek a boo book, and one of the animals is a duck, and so he picked upon that  and when they asked him what a duck said he looked at me and in a high pitched voice said "wack, wack, wack"  It is my new favorite thing that he does, I ask him to do it about once and hour cause I think it's so cute!
Lorelai is growing so much.  My belly is huge I feel like.  I don't ever remember being this big with Thomas... even looking at our family pictures from Hawaii, 3 weeks before I had him, I feel like my stomach is bigger now. It's probably not true, but I actually love it.  I did finally gain a couple pounds at my last appointment, I am almost back at my pre pregnancy weight, so I didn't have to have any more annoying tests done.  And I just love looking at my growing belly.  She is getting to be a lot stronger, and sometimes her movements stop me in my tracks because it hurts, but I just love it.  I am getting so excited to meet this little girl.  I did so many girl crafts this week that it's just adding to it, and I love looking at her little clothes hanging in the closet, and the nursery is getting turned into half boy half girl, and I can't wait!  James is also very excited, every time we see a cute little girl he just smiles and gets more excited.  We can't wait to have 2 children around here, we are stoked.  Thomas is such a wonderful little boy, so much fun to have around, and we love him so much, we can't wait to have Lorelai.  Thomas will be such a good big brother. There is so much excitement around our house these days.  Our semester ends in 5 weeks (YAY!) then we have my two favorite relatives coming for my graduation and then baby girl gets here!  So we have so much to look forward too in the near future.  James birthday is also coming, and I am planning some fun stuff for him.  I got him 2 days off work, and planned a Harris family party day, and it's easter, so we are taking Thomas to an easter egg hunt, and a few other things that he doesn't know, and I don't know if I should say, in case he may actually read this blog... Long shot I know:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment