Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 20, 2011

Dates

So James and I have tried really hard to reinstitue date night.  So last week I planned it, and this week James Planned it.  When I did it we had a Chinese theme night.  I made paper lanterns and oragami and used google translate to write different words in my interpretation of Chinese.  I am sure a real Chinese person would have thought it was horrible, but I was proud.... I put up curtains so our front room was sectioned off, and we ate Panda express on bamboo plate mats on our coffee table while sitting on pillows.  It was a ton of fun!!

James planned a green night.  We had green bacon, green omlets, limeade, wore green and went and saw The Green Lantern (It wasn't very good).   It was a ton of fun!  I love that we have reinstated our date nights!  Thomas is usually with us, so it's more like family date night, but it's still really important!

Other crafts I have been doing would include:
Cute love notes with treats left for James about once a week
I made JAM!  strawberry and peach, all by myself. I was so proud
I fixed the pillows I made for our living room.  They had a button in the middle, but slowly they both fell out, so I re did it with stronger thread and better buttons. Hope they stay...
I made a spoon holder for Thomas, it drove me nuts that his little spoons were always all over the place, and then suddenly there weren't any clean and I had no idea, so I made a holder for them out of the fabric I made his bedroom set out of and a toilet paper holder... It worked suprisingly well.
I am going to make Thomas's first birthday cake!  I am going to have to do a practice one since I of course like the hardest one possible.  But it's going to be great!


We have started doing the bountiful baskets, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!  I get all this delicious fresh produce and I have been making all sorts of yummy stuff with it! Today I am going to attempt to make some Cafe Rio Creamy Tomatillo Dressing... I found about 10 recipes that were very similar, but with slight variations, so I am going to keep them handy but do it myself and hope it's good...

I have also set a new goal for myself.  I was doing some HW and realized that all of the goals I had set of my life were goals that I had already accomplished.... Get married, have cute baby, graduate college, save to buy home (in the process).  So I am making new ones (I actually freaked out a little when I realized I had NO long term goals anymore, but it's all better now)  I am going to learn everything I can about cooking.  I LOVE to do it, so I want to try different techniques and different foods.  I told James that he would have to eat some experiemental foods, and he said it was okay, so we are all a go!  I am really excited actually!

No comments:

Post a Comment