Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 6, 2011

Kitchen Utensils

So yesterday James suggested to me that I put the crazy story of the demise of our kitchen utensils.
Here goes!!

I was trying to make some guacamole because we had bought some avacados on sale and I love guacamole.  So I cut open the avacado, and then I put the knife on the pit and pushed a little so I could get out the pit, well, my knife snapped in half.  Literally, in half.  And of course I was using a very sharp serated knife, and it sliced open the side of my hand... Thankfully it wasn't to wide, but it was deep enough that my hand aches and when I move it too much it really doesn't feel good....  But that was kitchen utensil number one.  These knives really aren't that bad, they were a wedding gift but we haven't had much trouble with them so far, one broke in a pumpkin on halloween when James was carving, but it was a big honkin' pumpkin!
And the second was my favorite can opener.  I should probably mention that it's also our only can opener... Very unfortunate as I was trying to make a pot pie for lunch today (I made it yesterday).  I was opening a can of corn, and it was a little tough, so I just put a little mucsle into it, as they say, and it snapped.  The handle literally snapped off! What is this?!?!
So either I have developed super strength, or I use my kitchen utensils way too often...  I am going with the latter of the two I think.  Although being a mom is really good strength training :)

No comments:

Post a Comment