Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Running, Running, Running

I am becoming a runner, heaven help me.  Every day, I pack up Thomas, a few water bottles, a blanket to shade his face, way too many toys for him, and put him in the jogging stroller and head out.  Most days James gets to come with us, but if Thomas doesn't get up till 7 then we don't have time before James goes to work, so Thomas and I go alone.  We go 2 miles everyday, and I try to run about half of it.  I am slowly working my way up to running all of it, I add a little more distance every week, but I think next week I am going to stick with the distance I did this week, because it was still really kicking my butt by the end of this week. 
We have been doing this regularly for almost 2 months now.  I mean I haven't been perfect, there have been days when we had plans that prevented us from having time, I had a test, or it was a holiday so we had family plans, or Thomas was in a horrible mood and I didn't feel like pushing a screaming baby in a jogging stroller for 2 miles.  But on average we have done really well. 
I have decide my goal is to run a 5k, it won't be for a while, since a 5k is over 3 miles, and I am not quite there yet... But I am excited to try! It's actually becoming an addiction.  On the days I don't go, I am a lot more tired, I don't accomplish as much, I am not in as good a mood, and I want to eat more....  So now I feel like I need to run for my mental health.  I have to be honest, I put a good portion of the blame on my dear friend Brittany, she is a runner, and she loves it, so I decided to give it a try, I see why she loves it so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment