Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 20, 2012

The Haps

Thomas says please now all the time, if he ever wants something, or wants me to do something, he rubs his belly and says peazzz.  It's the most adorable thing I have ever seen, and I pretty much cave to whatever it is he is asking me.  Perhaps that's not the best parenting style, but I really want to encourage him to say please.. where is that happy medium between teaching him that please is what you say when asking for something, and that I will not always give him whatever he wants whenever he wants.  That is my parenting condundrum at the moment. That and I wish I hadn't taught him to blow kisses cause now it's interfering with his sign language thank you that we are working on...
He has an amazing sense of rythm, he gets it from his father, and I love watching the two of them dance. When I dance it's more of a "move my weight from one foot to the other and snap, or clap a little so I seem like I have some idea of what I'm doing" with Thomas it's totaly natural, he gets the beat and he moves his little butt, his legs, his arms, and his head all in sync and perfectly to the music.  I am jealous of my 16 month old's dancing skills....
I went to the hospital twice this week, so that makes it 4 times in the past two months, which is insane. That's quadruple the amount I had previously in the past 4 years.  This pregnancy has been much harder than Thomas was, many more pains, more contractions, more sickness, more tired-ness.  And I can't help but wonder if perhaps I am just more whiney this time.  Maybe I'm just a bigger sissy now, being a mom has made me a big baby.  Who knows?  But I do know that I find it utterly annoying that I never feel great.  James and I tried to go shopping, and after one store I had to sit down and get some water because I got dizzy and lightheaded.  What is this?  My sweet doctor is doing all she can, and she does a very good job of not making me feel like a whiney annoying possibly hypocondriac pregnant woman.  I feel like I always need to say "I'm not making this up, I really am in pain"  James is pretty great too, very understanding, always there to help me and get me what I need. 
We are watching You've Got Mail, and it's the end when she cries and says "I wanted it to  be you" and it made me happy, I just love that movie!
While at the hopsital they did an ultrasound to check everything and make sure all was well with baby Lorelai (she's great, it's just me having issues)  and we actually got a chance to see our sweet girl.  When we did out other ultrasound the woman was all about get in, get out, and go away.  We barely saw her, and Thomas was being bad so James missed it all. This time we got a good 20 minutes of the guy saying "Look, this is her arm, her heart, oh look at that cute face!"  And then after I called her a girl the tech said "Wait, they told you it was a girl?!"  And my heart stopped, and I said "What? Are you kidding me?" cause I was so prepared for a girl, and in the interest of full disclosure, I was on some serious pain meds, so Iwas totaly not all there, and the guy looks at me and says "Yes, I'm kidding, it's a girl!"  Long story short, it's still Lorelai in there, confirmed now for the 3rd time :)  This ultrasound was really good too, we could see more than just bones and her basic structure, we got to see her ears, and her cute little bottom, it was a lot of fun.  Of course at this point I was totaly drugged, so I had forgotten about the previous pain I was in.  It was better that way.  And now I'm pretty sure I'm babbling, it's been a long week, and I think I am still a little drugged, Thomas is crying and I'm going to go :) Sorry if this post is everywhere and off the wall, but that's what I am right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment