Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year, new thoughts?

So one of my goals this year is to post on the blog once a week, I use it as our family journal, so hopefully I can get better at it!  I will try, and if I fail, please feel free to text/call and tell me I am a slacker and need to get on the ball! 
The holidays were VERY intense for the Harris family.  The week before Christmas I got a really bad upper respiratory infection that had me in the ER on Saturday, and then back in the hospital on Tuesday for liquids.  James was able to take off some time from work, which was really good, because I was totaly incapable of taking care of Thomas.  I don't know that I have been that sick in MANY years.  Probably since I worked at 5 Star and got Mono and Pnumonia at the same time and didn't go to the doctor for almost 2 weeks because I had to go to work. Oh, 5 star, I do not miss you.  Anyway, I finally started to be able to breathe well again, and we made it up to South Jordan for Christmas, I was on major antibiotics and all sorts of other stuff, to ensure that I was safe around the 2 newborns we had in the house, and then, the ENTIRE family got the plauge.  Well, that's what we called it anyway, it was HORRIBLE.  Christmas eve night I woke up at about 1, and spent the next 5 hours throwing up and feeling like I was going to die.  James stayed up with me for a bit of it, giving me some water, and giving me a blessing.  It was so bad.  And everyone but Michelle, Taylor and Thomas got it, including anyone who visited the house.  I was so sick all day Christmas, and then I started to get a little better, and James got hit with it the next night.  So finally we got all better, more time off work, lots of rest, and Thomas ended up with a horrible yeast diaper rash.  It was the worst diaper rash I have ever seen, we slathered antifungal cream on him for days, and now it's finally better.
But it really was a fun Christmas.  It was fun having the entire Harris clan together, a little intense, because even when my whole family is there we aren't even half of the Harris family :) but it was really fun.  We got a ton of fun gifts, and had a great time watching everyone open theirs.  We also bought Thomas WAY too much, which we said we wouldn't do... It's so hard not to spoil your child, I mean he's so cute, I just want to give him everything!  He is also a little too smart for my good I think, we are having a few issues finding some form of disciplin that works.  He doesn't really do anything bad, but he plays with things he's not allowed to, touches the TV, ect. So for a little while time out worked, it was devistating, I only had to do about 10 seconds and he was set, he wouldn't do it again, and then after about a week of time out, he figured out that it wouldn't last long, and if he just sat and waited us out, we would come get him eventually, and then he could play again.  He's 15 months old and he's already figured out that  timeout isn't a big deal... So we have taken to holding him, making him look at us, explaining to him what he did wrong and holding him still for a bit of time.  He HATES being forced to stay still, so we shall see how long that lasts...
This is my last semester at college, I'm so excited. Despite the fact that I have to retake my finance class, because apparently a 70% is not a C, but rather a D... So I'm taking it from the same teacher, because I now have all the answers and I want to make it as easy as possible.  At least now I get all of the concepts... So annoying.  We have another ultrasound this week, its our 20 week anatomy scan, so we'll get a good long look at our sweet baby girl, I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment