Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 23, 2012

Rutabaga

I think that's a funny word, I had to look up how to spell it, and I've never eaten one, but its a funny word.
I am on partial bedrest, which basically means no intense exercise, no heavy lifting (other than my 20lb toddler) not a lot of walking, no running, and spending a lot of time sitting or resting.  That may sound easy, or nice, trust me, it's not.   It's annoying.   Chasing around Thomas is hard enough, but sitting on the couch and trying to get him to come to me when he's crying, or trying to explain to him why I can't pick him up all the time is not fun or easy.  Lorelai is just fine, she is growing like crazy , already weighs more than a pound (or so says the ultrasound tech in the ER) and moving like nuts. She's really strong, and her due date was actually pushed up a week, so we are 23 weeks rather than 22...  The bedrest (only partial!) is for me.  This pregnancy has been much harder on me than my first one was.   I have currently only lost weight, I am now almost 10lbs below pre pregnancy weight, and I contract ALOT.  If I am standing, or moving, or doing anything other than laying or sitting, I am contracting.   Thankfully the contractions aren't causing preterm labor, so that's good.  However, they are uber annoying. 
Okay, now that I have complained for a while, I shall cease and talk about happy things. Like my adorable son, who is saying so many words now.  Words I don't think I have taught him.  I have worked hard to teach him the parts of his body, and bear, and ball, and dog, and other stuff like that.  But the other day he brought me a book, and said "book" and he went to his bedroom door and asked me to open it by saying "door".  He just picks up on words, which probably means I should get my road rage under control, otherwise Thomas is going to think something in the van is named "Stupid"...
James only has two classes this semester, and I am so glad!  He is picking up all the slack at home, doing all the laundy, and dishes, and always taking care of Thomas, he's pretty much a saint, I don't know what I'd do without him!

No comments:

Post a Comment