Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Date Night

So James and I are trying to save a bit of money, with it being the new year and all we want to be better :)  So instead of going out on a date this last week, we had a date night at home, mexican themed.  It was awesome!  I decided to go all out, as they say, and I made homemade margaritas (complete with hand squeezed OJ), delicious nachos, chicken lime burritos, and sopapillas (or scones with a fancy name).  It was a ton of fun!  I also put up red green and white streamers and ballons, you know, the colors of mexico.  So we ate yummy food, and watched the Magnificent 7.  All in all, it was a great date night!

Thomas has started laughing at us, it is the best sound in the world!  When he giggles James and I just laugh and laugh.  I pretty much never get sick of it, he also LOVES peek-a-boo.  I discovered this the other day when it was too early in the morning for me and I just laid on the ground next to his bouncy chair, and he started to cry so I got up next to him and he smiled, so I did it again and he laughed and laughed.  He is getting over his sickness, finally.  It is by far the worst thing to have a sick baby.  Every time he tried to cry he would just cough cause his throat hurt.  He didn't sleep well at all, it was a miserable week.  But he's getting over it now.  And I think he might be teething... He chews on everything we put in his mouth. 
It's so fun having him be so animated.  I can see him looking at new things and processing them, it's awesome. He loves to sit up and now stand up. 
Well, off to watch some Star Wars :) Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment