Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 21, 2011

Job Offer

So I got a most random call the other day.  It was from my boss at Blendtec (the company I worked at before I got pregnant and therefore sick)  She offered me a job.  Basically my dream job, it would be the job I would want once I completed my degree.  I was VERY tempted, I'll be honest.  HR administration may not sound very exciting to everyone else out there in the blogosphere, but a dear friend of mine misses Lord Byron and Shakespearean essays, so there's really no accounting for taste ;) (I love you Brittany!)  It would have been only part time, and I would have gotten to choose my own hours and times and days.  Of course more money is always nice :)  But, then Thomas sat and smiled at me and laughed when I smiled at him, and I knew I couldn't leave him.  Even if it was temporary and very part time.  I of course thought about the career I would have if I had a career before children, and HR would have been it.   But, Thomas came first, and I wouldn't trade my days (albeit sometimes boring, frustrating, messy, tiring and dirty) with Thomas for anything.  Especially when James gets to come home and all three of us get to play!  It was a great compliment for them to offer me the position, but I want to be a mommy :)  When I told them I couldn't do it, they told me that if I ever was ready to come back to work, to call them, and they would love to have me back.  Which is awesome!
Side note: We are going on a double date tomorrow night, and I am very excited!

1 comment: